INSTITUTO DE BIOLOGIA MOLECULAR DE BARCELONA
PARC CIENTIFIC DE BARCELONA
We are seeking for highly motivated and competitive graduate students or postdocs to apply to the following calls:
AYUDAS PARA LA FORMACIÓN DE PROFESORADO UNIVERSITARIO (FPU) 2017
CONTRATOS JUAN DE LA CIERVA (JDC) INCORPORACION Y FORMACION 2017
Two projects are available:
– Uncovering the cellular mechanisms and the mechanics underlying the acquisition of the final shape of the embryonic Central Nervous System in Drosophila
– Exploring how different cell layers (epithelia, muscles and nerves) coordinate in a single morphogenetic process: the replacement of obsolete larval tissues to generate the adult Drosophila abdomen.
The completion of these projects will involve super-resolution imaging and cells tracking in combination with genetic studies and development of molecular markers and optogenetic tools.
Applications should include a CV and letter of motivation and must be sent by email as soon as possible:
DR. ENRIQUE MARTIN-BLANCO
- FPU Graduate Fellowship: High rank marks in undergraduate studies and completion of Master in 2018
- JdC Formación: Thesis defended between 2016-2017 plus at least one paper as first-author in a high-impact journal
- JdC Incorporación: Thesis defended between January 2013 and December 2016 plus at least two papers as first-author in a high-impact journal.
BioRxiv (https://doi.org/10.1101/092486). 2017. BioRxiv (https://doi.org/10.1101/092650). 2017. Current Biology. 20-6, pp.513-520. 2010. PLOS Biology 7-4, pp.892-903. 2009. Development 134-2, pp.367-379. 2007.