The University of Helsinki is a leading Nordic university with a strong life science research. The Michon research team (http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/michon) is located in the Institute of Biotechnology (http://www.biocenter.helsinki.fi/bi/), which is promoting cutting edge research in the biomedical field.
Our team is interested in the epithelial cell behaviour in murine cornea and incisor renewal.
We are currently looking for a postdoctoral researcher
Our future team mate should have
– a PhD in a relevant biomedical discipline with a strong academic track record
– first-author research paper(s) in internationally recognized, peer-reviewed journal(s)
– demonstrated research background in in and ex vivo strategies
– a good experience with mouse handling
– a resourceful attitude and excellent interpersonal skills: capable of contributing to collaborative projects, as well being able to work and plan independently
– critical thinking skills and excellent English communication skills (written, verbal)
– good knowledge of statistics and commitment to rigorous experimental standards
A strong candidate has
– background on epithelial cell biology and developmental biology
– expertise on histology, in situ hybridization, immunostaining
– strong experience with confocal microscopy, image analysis
– a good training on Photoshop and Illustrator
The successful candidate will be proposed an initial 1+1-year contract. However, the candidate will be strongly supported to apply for funding to gain scientific and financial independency. Salary will be commensurate with the credentials and previous experience of the post-doctoral researcher.
The application should be submitted as a single PDF file containing nothing else than
– a cover letter (max 1 page)
– a CV (max 2 pages)
– a statement of previous achievements (max 2 pages)
– a list of publications
– contact information for three referees
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 1st of August. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by Skype by mid-August.