A Research Technician position is available in the research group of Mina Gouti at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in Berlin. The group is using human and mouse pluripotent stem cells to study the development and disease of neuromuscular system. Further information about research in the lab can be found at: https://www.goutilab.com
The successful candidate will have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Biology or other related discipline, extensive experience in molecular biology and cell culture. Excellent communication, organization and prioritization skills are required, as well as flexibility to the work schedule as stem cell maintenance involves weekend attention (on a rotating basis). Proficiency in writing and speaking English is essential. Knowledge of German language will be considered as an additional advantage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing research projects involving molecular biology techniques, pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation as well as mouse and chick embryological techniques.
- Maintenance of mouse and human pluripotent stem cell lines for the lab stock.
- Generation of new pluripotent stem cell lines using the Crispr/Cas9 system.
- Oversee the maintenance of mouse colony, monitoring and submission of animal protocols.
- Provide technical support to other lab members when required.
- Establish, maintain and improve research protocols and maintain lab records.
- Oversee the effective running of the lab by monitoring stock levels, ordering consumables and reagents, maintaining equipment and updating lab databases.
- Attending safety courses in order to support and maintain good laboratory practice and safety procedures.
Two years of lab experience working with molecular biology techniques. Previous experience with maintenance of a mouse colony and/or pluripotent stem cell culture will be an additional advantage.
The salary will be according to the TV-L9a scale and the contract will be initially for two years with the possibility of renewal. Applicants should send their CVs along with names and emails of at least two referees to Dr Mina Gouti (email@example.com).
Deadline : 31st of August 2017