Epigenetics research is central to understanding environment-genome interactions, which in turn is fundamental to advancing environmental health research, the key focus area of Helmholtz Zentrum München (HMGU). The strength and unique nature of epigenetics research conducted at HMGU is its broad range of research areas such as cellular plasticity and stem cell research, diabetes research, computational biology, metabolism, modeling of single cell fate decisions, systems biology, development, immunology and epidemiology, as well as the combination of basic and translational research approaches. The Management and Strategy Office for Epigenetics & Stem Cell Research develops and coordinates new initiatives and programs to position the broad field of epigenetics internationally.
We are looking for a Scientific Coordinator in Epigenetics who will be part of an international team shaping the epigenetics field beyond Munich. He/she will ensure the overall coordination of activities of the epigenetics@hmgu community and provide scientific support for the founding institutes: Institute of Epigenetics and Stem Cells (IES) as well as Institute of Functional Epigenetics (IFE).
Specific responsibilities are
• Coordination of the Internship Programme in Epigenetics, Cellular Plasticity and Stem Cells.
• Supporting the founding institutes regarding fellowship applications and grants
• Regular reporting on activities
• Social Media and website management:
• Event management: Organisation of seminars, community meetings and conferences
• Outreach activities: Establishing new international networks and partnerships
• Regular participation in lab meetings as the community representative
• PhD degree in the Life Sciences, with a broad knowledge of fundamental biology and a particular interest in epigenetics
• International work experience in a scientific environment
• Experience in scientific project management
• Knowledge of concepts and instruments for the promotion of young scientists is highly desirable
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proactive engagement in a team-oriented work environment
• Friendly and approachable, with excellent communication and personal skills
• Fluency in English is essential
• Knowledge of content management systems (Typo3) desirable
Link to the application:
For more information contact Dr. Astrid Lunkes