• Helping to manage and maintain our zebrafish colony; overseeing the schedules for feeding and husbandry; breeding and maintaining fish lines; interfacing with the animal care facility staff
• Helping to manage and maintain our molecular lab; ordering reagents and other supplies and maintaining laboratory equipment; lab administration, including lab safety, reporting and record keeping
• Training and supervising students in the lab and in the animal care facility
• Ideally, performing bench work and microscopy; contributing to data analysis and interpretation
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Biology or a related field
• 2 or more years laboratory experience
• Working knowledge of fundamental biological concepts and ability to apply knowledge in varied situations
• Excellent communications skills and attention to detail; ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Experience with zebrafish or other aquatic system, fluorescent microscopy and molecular biology
• Experience as a supervisor and manager
• Highly interested in our research program and ability to contribute as a productive researcher
Full time position, salary will be commensurate with experience. Initially a 6 month appointment, to be renewed as appropriate.
Please submit a single PDF of (1) a cover letter that includes a description of research interests and experience, (2) CV or resume, including undergraduate relevant coursework and GPA (3) a list of 3 or more professional references to email@example.com. Applications submitted by April 12, 2019 will receive priority consideration, but position is open until filled. Preferred start date will be in May or sooner.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.