Welcome to the Node
The Node is a place to read, write and interact with a global community of developmental and stem cell biologists. This is your site: once you’ve registered, you can freely share your blog post, job advert or event notice with the community.
Posted by Joyce Yu, on 22 February 2024Scientists from North Carolina State University have used a herbicide to discover that disrupting metabolism could derail a series of cellular events required for proper elongation and rotation of the …
Posted by the Node, on 19 February 2024Hear from two researchers, Eric Cornes and Maya Spichal, studying the role of RNA biology in development.
Posted by Anna Czarkwiani, on 9 February 2024To continue our efforts in tackling difficult aspects of the academic work environment, we organized another seminar at the Center for Molecular and Cellular Bioengineering (TU Dresden) to discuss the …
Posted by Benjamin Steventon, on 7 February 2024Dear all, We are delighted to be partnering with the British Society for Developmental Biology and the International Society for Regenerative Biology to deliver a one-day international meeting tackling the …
Posted by the Node, on 7 February 2024Catch up on the talks on signalling and early embryogenesis from Jonathan Wells and Yuki Shindo.
The Node Network
Join our global directory of developmental and stem cell biologists
Writing ideas for the Node
From behind the paper stories, meetings reports, to featured resources, we have a few ideas for you to get started with writing for the Node.
Subscribe to our mailing list
Weekly digests highlighting our latest blog posts and job adverts
Most-read posts in January
- Earning your Green stripes: enhancing sustainability in zebrafish research by Gaia Gestri and Anya Suppermpool
- Temperature, variability and the robustness of developmentby Michael Dorrity
- A poetic response to ‘Science is more than the sum of research’by Kirsty Ferguson
- Non-model organisms: weird critters and the people who study them by Alexandra Bisia and Brent Foster
- Online vs in-person conferences: advantages, disadvantages and why we need both by Dina Mikimoto
- 2nd European Developmental Biology Congress (EDBC 2023) – The Oxford Panorama by Nawseen Tarannum
- 2023 European Developmental Biology Congress, Paris Mini-Hub – Meeting Report by Tanya Foley
The Node on TwitterTweets by @the_Node
Our sister community sites
The webinar on 5 December 2023 was on the topic of germ cell development and was chaired by Development Editor, Swathi Arur (MD Anderson Cancer Center). Watch the recordings of the talks.
Development presents… webinars
You can view all the previous Development presents… talks on-demand
Development presents… mailing list
Subscribe to the Development presents… mailing list to receive details about upcoming webinars as they are announced.