The Mokalled laboratory is seeking applicants for a Research Technician II position in the Department of Developmental Biology at Washington University School of Medicine. Our lab uses the zebrafish model system to study neural regeneration after spinal cord injury or disease. We welcome ambitious applicants with enthusiasm for neuroscience, regenerative biology, and zebrafish research. Training will be provided. This position offers opportunities for co-authorships on published manuscripts.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment. Main experimental duties include molecular biology, zebrafish husbandry and microinjection.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in lab setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required. Please send a cover letter, CV, and list of 3 or more references to firstname.lastname@example.org.