Welcome to our light-hearted look at the goings on in the world of developmental biology in the last two weeks (or so).
COP26 related news
This news is not all from the last two weeks, but relates to the COP26 meeting in Glasgow
- New study shows only 4% of biotech and pharma companies are on track to meet Paris 2030 climate goals
- Nobel laureates call for action
- The Sustainable Conferencing Initiative from The Company of Biologists
Find out more about the initiative when Viktoria talks to the Caring Scientist podcast
- $10 million grant for research into lab-grown meat
Talking points on Twitter
- The DEVIL is in the detail
- When your gels are not smiling on you #GelsofTwitter
- What to look for in your next lab (or best practice when hiring)
prelight in #devbio
Thanks to the #DevBio community for sharing their thoughts, especially on twitter. If you have some news that you think we should share on our blog, please get in touch at email@example.com. If you are interested in getting involved with writing preLights you can find out more here.