Research at UM addresses a broad range of exciting developmental biology questions.
- What genes regulate the creation of different neuronal cell-types?
- How do cardiac cells sense and respond to their environment to form a heart?
- What gene-networks underlie the release of leaves, fruits and seeds?
- How do plants respond to changes in light and temperature?
Features of our program include:
- 2 admission paths: a rotation program or direct admission to a laboratory
- Choose the courses that are most appropriate for your research and career
- Teaching assistantships are available
- Additional awards for excellent candidates
Learn more about the department and how to apply at biology.olemiss.edu