DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS
Position for Special Scientist (Postdoc)
Title: Post-Doctoral Researcher Cell Biology-MechanoBiology
No. of Positions:One (1) position
Full Time one year employment contract (renewable for three years)
Location: University of Cyprus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The researcher will be part of a team working on a highly ambitious Research Promotion Foundation Strategic Infrastructure grant that aims to establish super-resolution microscopy in Cyprus and explore questions related to how cells sense and respond to mechanical stimuli. These will be addressed using cutting edge instrumentation and methodologies both in vitro and in vivo. The team will go on to employ the principles revealed by these studies for the development of novel therapeutic approaches for the treatment of cancer and metastatic disease, biomedical applications and in regenerative medicine. The post-doctoral associate will also be responsible for supervision of PhD and MSc candidates participating in the project, together with the group leader.
- PhD Degree in Cell or Molecular Biology or related area
- An excellent research and academic record
- Previous laboratory experience and knowledge of basic molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Research experience in the areas of cell biology and/or mechanobiology
- Ambition, enthusiasm and motivation, with an interest in a long-term career in research
- Good publication record
All applications must include:
- A cover letter, that describes how the applicant meets both the selection criteria and their motivation
- Curriculum Vitae, including description of past research experience
- Name and contact details of at least two referees
- Qualified applicants will be invited for a personal interview
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The position will be funded through the grant INFRASTRUCTURES/1216/0060 andinitiated on a year-long contract, renewable annually for 3 years. It will include a competitive compensation package, depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The monthly salary is set between €2200- €2700, depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Employee and employer contributions will be deducted from the above amount. 13th Salary bonus or medical insurance coverage are not provided, but the candidate can be included in the UCY health plan if they choose to do so.
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com by 5th February 2019, with the title “Postdoc position-MRU-2019”.
For more information please contact the coordinator of the project Dr. Paris A. Skourides tel.: +357-22892895 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.