Closing Date: 15 March 2021
For Stemphys, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
StemPhys is a new interdisciplinary initiative joining forces of physics and stem cell biology with the goal of advancing our knowledge of stem cell commitment and controlling the differentiation process. Six core groups at the University of Copenhagen constitute StemPhys, three in stem cell and developmental biology from DanStem, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and three groups covering both theoretical and experimental physics, from the Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science. StemPhys is financed by the Danish National Research Foundation for a period of 6 years and commenced on April 1st 2015. Details can be found at: www.stemphys.ku.dk
Two of the research groups at Danstem are jointly recruiting a talented and motivated academic worker with a background in bio-informatics. This candidate will be involved in the construction of a transcriptomic and proteomic database for the Brickman and Grapin-Botton laboratories, the mapping of RNA and ChIP Seq, analysis of single cell gene expression, the development of meta-analysis and improvement of our existing bio-infomatics pipelines.
The academic worker will support researchers in both the Brickman and Grapin-Botton laboratories who need assistances with the analysis of bio-informatic datasets. The successful candidate will also devise systems for data storage and assist with meta-analysis of existing datasets. As the StemPhys projects develop the resources for single cell sequencing, the applicant will develop pipelines for the analysis of these datasets.
For additional information about the above position please contact Professor Joshua Brickman: email@example.com
• A relevant academic background at master level within bio-informatics or other relevant degree is required.
• Solid and documented work experience from high quality academic and/or industrial laboratories is required. The ability to efficiently work as part of a team is essential.
• Previous experience in molecular biology
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel) and experience with programming, and in particular R (Bioconductor).
• Considering that the Center is a highly international research environment, solid English communication skills, both oral and written is required.
• Ability to independently organize your work is requested.
• Integrity, enthusiasm, motivation, flexibility, confidence and good collaboration skills.
Terms of salary, work and employment:
The employment is scheduled to start October 1st 2015 or upon agreement with the chosen candidates. The employment is initially for 2 years.
The place of work is at Danstem, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen.
Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). In addition to the basic salary a monthly contribution to a pension fund is added (17.1% of the salary).
The application must include:
• A motivated application letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Diplomas – all relevant certificates
The application must be submitted in English.
The University of Copenhagen wish to reflect the diversity of society and encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of personal background.
Application deadline: 23.59 pm, August 22nd 2015.
• Only applications received in time and consisting of the above listed documents will be considered.
• Applications and/or any material received after deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’ below or via this advertisement found on http://employment.ku.dk/.
Application can be found at the follow link