DanStem plans to recruit outstanding scientists for independent research group leader positions at the senior and junior levels in the near future.
We are seeking potential candidates with an impressive track record and a compelling vision for independent research in the broad area of stem cell and developmental biology. DanStem’s current mission is to achieve a quantitative understanding of cell behavior during development, homeostasis and disease, and we particularly encourage letter of interests from scientists who have quantitative or computational facets to their future plans.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Biology (DanStem) addresses fundamental research questions in stem cell and developmental biology and has activities focused on the translation of promising basic research results into new therapeutic strategies for cancer and chronic diseases. While opportunities exist for translation, the primary criteria for membership in DanStem is excellence in fundamental basic research. DanStem is a vibrant, internationally diverse and ambitious research center with state-of-the-art facilities located at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen. The setting is ideally suited for seamless collaboration and exchange with other centers and departments of the Faculty and Copenhagen science community. Learn more about DanStem at https://danstem.ku.dk/.
As a group leader, you will initiate a new independent research program within the field of stem cell and developmental biology. DanStem provides a generous support package for the group leader, which includes salary of the group leader, support to other personnel, consumables and modern laboratory and office facilities. The group leader is expected to complement this budget through other national or international grants and/or industrial collaborations. In addition, the group leader is expected to engage in multidisciplinary research collaborations with other DanStem research groups other research groups within the Copenhagen area.
Your background includes a PhD or equivalent degree, postdoctoral training and an experience-appropriate track-record of publications in top journals. International mobility, such as training in high-quality institutions and universities globally will be valued.
- A generous package, including salary, support to other personnel, consumables.
- Access to cutting edge technologies through shared-resource platforms and staffed expertise in flow cytometry, genomics, imaging, stem cell culture and data analytics.
- A vibrant scientific community, with strong internal synergy, situated for easy collaboration and exchange with other centers and departments at the University of Copenhagen and the greater Danish scientific and clinical communities.
- Opportunities for the development of basic research discoveries into translational research
- Affiliation to the Copenhagen Bioscience PhD Program for international PhD student recruitment and training
- Support from management and DanStem fora with regard to career path and development.
- A local Administration and Research Support unit to support with economy, HR, Research and Innovation.
Inquiries are welcome to Henrik Semb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Letter of interest
Letters of interest should include a cover letter summarizing the applicant’s career, past research accomplishments (max 1 page) and future plans (max 5 pages), a CV and a list of publications (with up to five of the most significant publications indicated), and names of three references.
The University of Copenhagen International Staff Mobility Office offers assistance and guidance with regard to relocation, e.g., housing, spouse program, pension, taxes, etc. For more information, visit the ISM website: https://ism.ku.dk/.
DanStem highly values diversity and encourages people of all backgrounds to submit letter of interest, in English to GLemail@example.com.
The closing date for letters of interest is August 1, 2019
Founded in 1479, the University of Copenhagen is the oldest university in Denmark. It is among the largest universities in Scandinavia and is one of the highest ranking in Europe. The University´s six faculties include Health Sciences, Humanities, Law, Science, Social Sciences and Theology. www.ku.dk