Cancer Research UK have launched two funding calls to drive progress in our understanding of paediatric cancers. We would like to encourage proposals to investigate one or more of the following concepts-
- The basis of tumour initiation and progression
- Novel therapeutic approaches
- Development of novel biomarkers or methodologies to predict disease progression, to enhance efforts in primary and secondary prevention and intervention
- Novel models that would enhance pre-clinical research
- Development of more effective and/or less toxic treatments to improve long-term health and quality of life
The Cancer Research UK Children and Young People’s Innovation Awards calls on all scientists, including developmental biologists, to propose novel and ambitious approaches to further our understanding of paediatric cancer.
The Stand up to Cancer-Cancer Research UK Paediatric New Discoveries Challenge focuses on multidisciplinary, multi-institutional, transatlantic teams that want to pursue a step change in our understanding of the drivers of paediatric cancers and the development of novel or repurposed medicines, treatment strategies or technologies
If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to contact Sheona Scales (Cancer Research UK Lead for Paediatric Research) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline 10th January.