Location: Sars Centre, University of Bergen, Norway
Closing Date: 12 May 2021
A 100% permanent position as Senior Facility Technician is available in the research group of Dr. Pawel Burkhardt at the Sars Centre. The Sars Centre belongs to the University of Bergen and is partner of the European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) (www.embl.de). The place of work will be at the Sars Centre. The starting date is 01 October 2021.
Work in the Burkhardt group focuses on the evolutionary origin of synapses and neurons, using choanoflagellates, sponges and ctenophores as marine model systems.
The main responsibilities of the position will be the daily running of a ctenophore/sponge facility, including:
- Culturing of algae and copepods for feeding animals
- Feeding and breeding of animals
- Operation and maintenance of the animal facility
- Maintenance of equipment and building of new equipment to improve functioning of the facility
- Periodic field collection of sponges and ctenophores
- Some weekend duties might be requested
- Essential requirements for the successful candidate are to be able to demonstrate reliable working habits, independency, initiative, and the ability to interact in a productive manner with other group members
- Prior experience with building and/or maintaining animal facilities is required
- Prior experience working with ctenophores or other marine invertebrates is highly advantageous
- Experience maintaining algae and/or zooplankton cultures is highly desirable
- The applicant must be able to communicate (written and spoken) in English and/or Norwegian
We can offer:
- A challenging position with interesting tasks in an internationally acknowledged scientific environment.
- Salary as Senior Research Technician (“seniorforskningsteknikar”, code 1513) from grade level 43, based on a formal assessment of civil service seniority and qualifications. Currently equal to NOK 404.400.
- Enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (SPK).
- Good welfare benefits
Application in English:
Application must include:
- Application letter stating your motivation for the position and why you feel you are a good candidate for this position
- Overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- Certified copies of educational transcripts and other relevant documents
- Two references (names and contact information)
Please send your application via the link “Søk stillinga/Apply for this job” referred to at the www.jobbNorge.no website and note that applications will be assessed only with the information available in JobbNorge when the deadline expires. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant attachments are submitted by the deadline.
Applications by e-mail will not be considered.
Application Deadline: 5 May 2021.
For further information about the position please contact Group Leader Pawel Burkhardt, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: 1 October 2021
Closing Date: 12 May 2021