The group of Prof. Dr. T. Vogel at the Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department Molecular Embryology, University of Freiburg is looking for a highly motivated Postdoc. One research focus of Prof. Vogel´s group lies on epigenetic mechanisms. In particular, we study histone modifications in stem cell specification during neurodevelopment and in CNS disease (Ferrari et al, Nat Comm, 2020, Gray de Cristoforis et al, Mol Brain, 2020, Franz et al, NAR, 2019, Bovio et al, Mol Neuro, 2018, Grassi et al, Cerebral Cortex, 2017, Roidl et al, Stem Cells, 2016). We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to integrate into the current research projects of the lab. These focus lies on the role of transcriptional regulation through histone modifications with regard to interneuron specification and/or on hippocampus development. As a surplus the group gives possibility to teach macro- and microscopic anatomy in German language. Starting date: from now on.
You are convincing through
- a strong background in biochemistry, biology, molecular medicine, medicine or equivalent, as well as an outstanding PhD or MD,
- documented experience in techniques of cell biology, protein biochemistry and molecular biology, applied to understand the development or function of the central nervous system,
- experience with bioinformatical analyses of large data sets and next-generation-sequencing, in live cell microscopy, or electroporation techniques,
- very good communication skills in English,
- enthusiasm for science, strong motivation, the ability to learn new techniques and to work synergistically in a team,
- motivation to teach medical students in Anatomy.
We are offering
- to work on high topical research projects with different techniques in a collaborative setting,
- an international work atmosphere,
- a scheme towards academic qualification and education in teaching and research.
Employment will be temporary.
Please send applications including the usual documentation (CV, degrees, a minimum of 2 references, short letter of motivation for application to the lab, list of publication) via email until March 15th to:
Frau Prof. Dr. Tanja Vogel
Institut für Anatomie und Zellbiologie
Abteilung Molekulare Embryologie