Group Leader Positions in Quantitative Biology and Modeling at Institut Pasteur
Posted by spalcy, on 13 November 2014
Closing Date: 15 March 2021
The Institut Pasteur (Paris, France) announces an international call for group leader positions in the field of quantitative biology and modeling in developmental systems. Successful applicants will be integrated into the cutting edge interdisciplinary environment offered by an internationally renowned institute combining fundamental and translational research, in an attractive location in central Paris, in close proximity to other major research centers. Candidates with both an experimental and theoretical background, using quantitative approaches and willing to develop multidisciplinary projects related to developmental processes are encouraged to apply.
Successful junior candidates  will be appointed with a permanent position, and as head of a group of 6 people. These groups will be created for a period of 5 years and may thereafter compete for a full research group.
Successful mid-career and senior candidates will be appointed with a permanent position, and as head of a research group of 8 to 12 people. The groups will be created for 10 years (mid-term evaluation at 5 years) with the possibility of renewal.
Candidates should send their formal applications by E-mail to the Director of Scientific Evaluation, Prof. Alain Israël, at the Institut Pasteur (email@example.com).
Application deadline: February 6, 2015
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applicants should provide the following (in order) in a single pdf file:
1. A brief introductory letter of motivation, including the name of the proposed group. Candidates are encouraged to contact the head of the Search Committee Francois Schweisguth (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the head of the Department of Developmental & Stem Cell Biology Shahragim Tajbakhsh for queries (email@example.com).
2. A Curriculum Vitae and a full publication list.
3. A description of past and present research activities (up to 6 pages with 1.5 spacing; Times 11 or Arial 10 font size).
4. The proposed research project (up 6 pages with 1.5 spacing; Times 11 or Arial 10 font size).
Junior candidates  should also provide:
5. The names of 3 scientists from whom letters of recommendation can be sought, together with the names of scientists with a potential conflict of interest from whom evaluations should not be requested.
 Institut Pasteur is an equal opportunity employer. Junior group leaders should be less than 8 years after PhD at the time of submission (Dec 31, 2014). Women are eligible up to 11 years after their PhD if they have one child and up to 14 years after their PhD if they have two or more children.