Our jobs page has been busy this month, with several new postdoc positions advertised. Here are some of the other highlights:
– Christoph and his colleagues wrote about their recent Development paper, where they inhibited the Rho-kinase ROCK in the rabbit embryo, discussing the implications of their work in our understanding of the evolution of vertebrate gastrulation.
– and Chistele’s latest Stem Cell Beauty post focused on a Stem Cell Reports paper where Meinhardt and colleagues embed embryonic stem cells in a 3D matrix to generate 3D neuroepithelial cysts.
– Do you want to attend the Abcam Adult Neurogenesis meeting in Dresden for free? Then apply to become the official meeting reporter!
– and the newly created Pan-American Society for Evolutionary Developmental Biology is running their first meeting this August.
The Node survey:
The Node was launched almost 5 years ago, and it is now time to revise its design and functionalities. Help us develop the Node for the future by answering a few questions in our survey. To thank you for your time, at the end of the survey you can choose to enter a prize draw to win a bag of goodies from the Node and Development!
– Our latest model organism post comes all the way from Dunedin in New Zealand! Read Megan’s post ‘A day in the life a honeybee lab‘!
– There are many ways to get involved in science outreach. We have reposted a Development Spotlight article on this topic.