The Company of Biologists (Development’s not-for-profit publisher) is currently seeking proposals for Workshops to be held during 2021.
The Workshops provide leading experts and early-career researchers from a diverse range of scientific backgrounds with a stimulating environment for the cross-fertilisation of interdisciplinary ideas. The programmes are carefully developed and are intended to champion the novel techniques and innovations that will underpin important scientific advances.
Workshop proposals should take into account the following points:
- Proposals should focus on cutting-edge scientific research in topic areas that are new, novel and not covered by traditional conferences.
- Proposals that concentrate on emerging or cross-disciplinary themes are particularly encouraged.
- Organisers should be experts in their field, with sufficient standing to attract world-class speakers and attendees.
- Proposals should indicate how the Workshop will contribute to establishing new collaborations or research directions.
- Each Workshop will consist of 30 delegates to include 10 early-career researcher places to be applied for and proposers should ensure diversity in the proposed attendee list. You will need to propose 20 speakers (but they don’t have to be confirmed).
As the scientific organiser your involvement will be focused on the science. We will undertake all of the logistical arrangements, liaise with the venue, organise speaker travel, help with arranging the programme and fund the meeting.
The deadline for proposals is 31 May 2019
If you want to find out what workshops are like you can read two recent Node posts from early career participants:
By Alexander Blackwell and James Gahan
Or watch the following videos: