Here are some of the highlights for September:
– Sylvain discussed his recent Development paper on the tristable regulatory network behind cell fate decisions in the early embryo.
– Denise went to the annual meeting of the Society for Developmental Biology.
– Gary shared his thoughts on the recent Xenopus meeting in sunny California.
– and Danielle and Gi Fay reported from the joint Autumn meeting of the British Societies for Developmental Biology and Matrix Biology.
Future of Research Symposium:
A group of postdocs in the Boston area are organising a symposium to discuss what should change to make science better. A series of posts examines some of the issues that will be discussed:
– How should scientists be trained?
– Workforce structure– are there too many postdocs?
– Is the level of funding appropriate?
– Joana asked for advice on designing ChIP primers.
– What do you think makes a perfect conference venue?
– And we reposted a Development editorial, on the ethical issues frequently encountered by the journal.