Closing Date: 15 March 2021
EU Initial Training Network searches for 1 PhD Student
CardioNeT – Our Initial Training Network in Cardiovascular Research offers 1 PhD student position at the British Heart Foundation Regenerative Medicine Laboratory, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, UK.
Funded by EU’s FP7, CardioNeT comprises twelve partners from both the academic and industrial sectors and aims to implement a highly multidisciplinary, intersectoral and competitive training programme in cardiovascular research through cutting-edge projects and extensive training in complementary areas.
We are looking for:
- Enthusiastic researchers with a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences and interest in cardiovascular research
- Previous lab experience will be valued
- Good spoken and written command of English
- The PhD may incorporate, although will not be restricted to, one of the following research projects:
- Epicardial signalling during myocardial regeneration in zebrafish
- Identifying the source of new vasculature during zebrafish coronary vessel repair
- The role of inflammation and fibrosis in the regenerating zebrafish heart
- Small molecule induction of human adult epicardium-derived progenitor cells in cardiac repair
- 3-year contract to undertake a PhD in cardiovascular biology
- A highly multidisciplinary, intersectoral and competitive training programme in cardiovascular research
- Integration in a European network of scientific excellence, with short stays in partner labs
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructures
- Very competitive salary (€45,714 per annum)
- Extensive complementary training
Researchers must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers and have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree at the time of recruitment. In addition, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the UK for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to 14 February 2012. There is no restriction on the nationality of the researcher to be hired.
Interviews will take place in Oxford between Wednesday 22nd and Friday 24th February 2012. The studentship will start on Monday 1st October 2012.
Those interested please send CV, a cover letter justifying the interest of the applicant in the project, and the names of two referees to email@example.com
General enquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 12 noon on Tuesday 14th February 2012